Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Descriptive Pros story with a picture and video

Final Minutes
    I constantly tap my finger against my knee, I can’t contain the adrenaline. Excitement races through my body like blood. With my dad sitting next to me I feel like a rookie, he silently sits there not affected by this special moment. I’m just a child who cannot master the art of sitting still.
As the sun sets, I lay outside with my dad on the dew covered grass waiting to see my first shooting star. The darkness slowly began to eat away at the sunlight until nothing was left. The only source of light is from the vibrant, glowing specs in the sky. The stars make it look as if the sky is a city with thousands of little twinkling lights rich with color. The sky has transformed into a masterpiece that left me in awe, its perfection draws my attention. Seconds, minutes, hours. I don’t even know how long I’ve been outside, just that the sky’s beauty has me in a deep trance.
I get my hopes up at every slight movement in the sky. It looks like every plane is out tonight making a point to fly over my head just to laugh at the racing speed of my heart because I believe it might be that one shooting star I desperately wait to see.  The process of waiting and not knowing if I might actually get to see that one shiny star racing across the sky is what kills my patience. The saying, “Seeing is believing” really has effect over me tonight. My dad keeps telling me magical things like to take people by surprise so they are special and not just ordinary.
The chirping of the crickets and the croaking of the frogs drown out everything. All the animals are all too busy scampering around to stop and gaze up at the sky. Perhaps they see shooting stars too often to care about such a beautiful thing. Maybe to the animals such a magnificent beauty has become an ordinary sight.
Boredom slowing begins to seep into my skin like water to a sponge. My dad just laughs at me, he does not see the excitement I see in the rarity of a star. It is a shame that the shooting stars have decided not to reveal their beauty to me tonight.
As we walk back to the car disappointed, I take one last glance at the sky while a long and drawn out sigh escapes from my lips. Then, just as I was about to look down, the largest and brightest star in the sky began its journey racing towards the other side of the horizon followed by a glowing streak.
It's crazy how one of the prettiest things in nature is only visible for a split second. It all happened so fast, a sudden blink would have intercepted my ability to see the shooting star light up the night as it danced across the sky. The sighting of this shooting star has shown me the beauty of the sky that is not always revealed to the viewer at first glance.

1 comment:

  1. This was so descriptive, I really felt like I could see what you were describing! I loved the line "The stars make it look as if the sky is a city with thousands of little twinkling lights rich with color." It really made me visualize the sky.

    ReplyDelete