Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Poetry anthology

Two Pantoum Poems

Take Notice

Is it? It's so easy to hide from the world?
Pull down the curtains and tie them shut.
Will anyone take notice?

Pull down the curtains and tie them. Shut
Out. Leave behind all the others.
The laughter. The snickers. The judging.
No one will notice it.

Out! Leave behind all the others.
No one seems to care.
No one will. Notice it,
Is it? It's so easy to hide from the world
Image result for window with dark closed curtains












Just Another Memory

On that day you forgot about me,
I became just another memory.
I tried to come across as carefree,
Darkness attacked and left me empty.

I became just another memory,
Lost in the wakes that rippled rapidly over my head.
Darkness attacked and left me empty,
Searching for hope as distrust spread.

Lost in the wakes. Water rippled rapidly over my head,
Forever trapped under fear of being left behind.
Searching for hope as distrust spread.
When it came to me, you must have been blind.

Forever trapped under fear of being left behind,
I tried to come across as carefree.
When it came to me? You must have been blind,
On that day you forgot about me.
 
Image result for a sad flower with a raindrop

My poems entitled "Take notice" and "Just Another Memory" were both pantoum poems written in response to an example poem that we reviewed in class. We were just looking at a new format for a poem in which some of the lines are repeated but the punctuation can be changes around. While writing these poems, I was inspired to talk about the feeling of being alone because that' something that everyone can relate to at least once in their life. This poem was meant to show how people feel about being alone and left behind.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked the punctuation in the first poem. The way you used the periods to emphasize the words was really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete